PALMA, 30.04.2019. Open the deadline to submit proposals for the XXXVII Conference on Local Historical Studies, whose central axis the music in the Balearics. The Ministry of Culture, Participation and Sports opens until July 15 the deadline to submit proposals for Communications for the Conferences organized by the IEB
The XXXVII Conference of Local Historical Studies, organized by the Ministry of Culture, Participation and Sports through the Institute of Balearic Studies (IEB) and to be held from 7 to 9 November, the Arxiu del Regne de Mallorca, in Palma, will be this year on Music in the Balearic Islands. Sound languages from the sixties to the present.
The IEB has opened the deadline for submission of communication proposals for the conference and will remain until July 15, 2019. The scientific committee evaluating the proposals is formed by Bàrbara Duran, Isidor Marí , Jaume Escandell, Tomeu Canyelles and Francesc Vicens.
The conference will aim to study the music produced in the Balearic Islands from the decade of the sixties to the present time, establishing a journey with historical and cross-sectional perspective through different scenes , styles and periods that allow connecting it with other thematic fields such as literature, art or cultural industries.
The proposals have to follow the following guidelines:
- The insular musical fact (Mallorca, Menorca and / or the Pitiusas) from the social and cultural contexts of the last decades.
- Popular music (popular music) from different perspectives: gender, language, globalization, identity, etc.
- Global phenomena of the cultural industries in the insular context.
- Musical production in relation to other artistic disciplines such as cinema, graphics or poetry.
- Studies of cases in which music can act as a hypertext object.El hecho musical insular (Mallorca, Menorca y/o las Pitiusas) desde los contextos sociales y culturales de las últimas décadas.
The proposals must have an extension of 3,000 characters maximum (counting the spaces and the bibliography), and must be accompanied by a brief curriculum and personal data of the author: name and lineages, postal address, municipality, zip code, telephone and electronic address.
Proposals must be sent to the electronic address:
In 2016, for the first time in its history, the Days of Local Historical Studies were held outside of Mallorca, specifically in Formentera, on ‘Intangible Heritage. Between the review and the discovery ‘, coordinated by Andreu Ramis. In 2017, they took place in Eivissa, in Can Ventosa, on ‘Film and audiovisual studies’, coordinated by M. Magdalena Brotons; and in 2018, at the headquarters of the Institut Menorquí d’Estudis, in Maó, on ‘The Jews in the Balearic Islands’, coordinated by Jordi Maíz. This year they take place again in Mallorca and will take place in the Arxiu del Regne de Mallorca.